Monday 19 May 2008

The trials of Bridget Jones, part 1

... in which full-on crazy rears its head (and sadly not for the first time).

Over the weekend the Boy du Jour chose to share with me those bits of Thursday night that are (still) a little hazy in my memory. Apparently when I arrived home I had mascara smeared down my face and was in the midst of a full-on white wine hysteria fit about all my friends* leaving the country.

"Everyone's leaving me!" I howled. "They're all going off out of the country and I'm going to be ALL on my OWN! But there's still you! You can never leave! Promise you'll never leave! Why would you do that? Why would you be so mean? Why? Why?"

He tells me that this was not the most attractive side of me he has ever seen; for my part, I can only assume I'd mistaken him for the Domino's pizza delivery man.

(*Actually just Emily and my sister. I'm a little prone to exaggeration.)

2 comments:

@EmVicW said...

What do you mean *just* emily??

Almost a Lady said...

Hush, deserter! :P