Tuesday 4 March 2008

Of paint and parties

I spent a chunk of this weekend throwing paint around my flat. The walls have ended up splattered with about sixteen different colours, or more strictly speaking sixteen different shades of the same colour. Who knew decorating would be such a challenge?

By the end I did at least have some kind of resolution. I have two rather chic modern/neutral bedrooms and a phenomenally tasteless living room which I darkly suspect will become my pride and joy. The only question now is who's going to do the painting and when they're going to find time to do it - what, you didn't think I was going to do it myself, did you??

In a little over a month I'm due to be maid of honour (or rather Best Wench, thankyouverymuch) at a friend's wedding. As if walking down the aisle without tripping over my own feet wasn't hard enough, it turns out I can't currently do up the zip on my bridesmaid's dress. And so we enter a month of dieting to try and rectify the situation. My diets have in the past met with mixed success, but hopefully the thought of waddling along behind my friend with safety pins holding my dress together will prove sufficient motivation.

Before then, of course, I have to finish organising the hen night. Of which, O Best Beloved, more later...

No comments: