Friday 7 March 2008

Cultural what now?

Banksy has picked the side of my development to create his latest masterpiece. I say "masterpiece" with a certain amount of irony, since leaving the house that morning with a friend I'd turned to her with a certain amount of snarkiness and said "what the effing blank is that meant to be then?"

"I think it's probably a Banksy," she said wisely.


Only hours later she was proved right, and by the time the day ended I found myself clearing a path to the side gate through a crowd of muppets with cameraphones.

To you it may be art but to me it's home, damnit! ... it's not bad for a bit of cultural one-upmanship, though ;)

1 comment:

@EmVicW said...

I don't think I have ever said anything wisely before. Yay!! I knew that art a level and the "shit in jar" discussion would come in handy.