Thursday 12 June 2008

What friends are for

I have to confess that I’m a little disappointed in my friends.

Over the last couple of months I’ve been getting to know the Boy du Jour’s posse, and one of the things I like most is that they’re obviously a tight knit bunch. That’s not just an idle comment: at the Boy’s birthday party a few weeks ago, one of his friends took me to one side and quietly let me know that “if you ever hurt him, I’ll have to kill you”.

I teased the friend in question about it a bit on last week’s holiday and to his credit he wasn’t all that embarrassed. A couple of the other people listening even chimed in with their own contributions – albeit of a rather lower standard (you know who you are, Mr “I’ll poo in your bed”).


I came away from the conversation rather touched at the loyalty the Boy’s crew have to each other. But it made me think – where are my friends in all this? What threats has the Boy had to warn him off breaking my tender and fragile heart? If I’m honest, I’m a bit disappointed in the sisterhood. I’d expected better.

Still, never too late, right? :)

1 comment:

@EmVicW said...

Its not that the threats aren't there, its just that, as girls, we expect Boy to be able to read our minds to discover them.