Monday 23 June 2008

Boy of the year?

This weekend the Boy and I celebrated our one year anniversary at Le Pont de la Tour, the ex-Conran restaurant at Butler's Wharf.

We drank champagne as the sun went down behind Tower Bridge, laughed over the year gone and speculated wildly about the ones to come. Devoted waiting staff ferried caviar (mine) and oysters (his) to and from the table as we talked and talked. (I know, I know, but I'm just not designed to live on a budget.) Afterwards, we walked back to London Bridge station along the riverside under the moon, all talked out, enjoying the night.

It was a wonderful evening. It was over the top, it was unnecessary, it was ridiculously extravagant, and it was perfectly us.

To celebrate, and as my anniversary present to him, I’ve had a lock put on the inside of the front door. He's earned a bit of freedom by now.

No comments: