Wednesday 25 June 2008

Pay It Forward

Today I'm on a quest. Don't worry, it's not connected to yesterday's bitter anti-cycling rant: our two-wheeled buddies are safe from me, for the moment.

No, this is a rather more altruistic project. Over the course of the day I'm going to compliment three random people for no good reason - other than that I think there's something great about them, whether it's fabulous shoes, shiny hair, witty conversation (can Twitter be witty?) or something else I haven't thought of yet.

I'm going to do this for no good reason other than I've noticed that no one seems to smile in London any more. It's one thing on the tube on the way to work when everyone's a bit miserable, but it's different when it's the end of the day, the sun's shining and there's everything fine about the world. And what makes you smile more than a compliment you weren't expecting?

I'd like to enlist your aid in this project too. If you're reading read this today, the 25th June, then I’d like you to give someone else a compliment. Maybe it's a stranger, maybe a colleague, or maybe a friend who isn't expecting it. Make them smile. Maybe they'll pass it on.

No comments: