Tuesday 22 July 2008

Back to the Bonkbuster!

I'm a bit restless this week; I think I need a project to keep me out of trouble. (Otherwise I’m only going to start Improving People’s Lives again, and we all know where that ends up.) Top of the list, where it’s been for three years, four co-authors and a whole HEAP of inspiration, is The Bonkbuster.

For those who don’t know, I come from an alarmingly literary family. To go through my life without a Great Work would make me something of an anomaly. (For all its wonders I don’t really count TheLadiesLoos as publication.)
The problem is that I don’t have the attention span for a Real Book, the brain for a Thesis, the angst for A Great Opus or the inspiration for an Insight Into Society… I do, however, have a lot of very scandalous friends.

Well, you’ve to work within your means, right?

I think this could keep me busy and quiet for a couple of months at least. And as they say, everyone has at least one book in them (even if it’s shite). Would it really surprise anyone if this turned out to be mine?

No comments: