Friday 11 April 2008

Fragmented thoughts

I have the most terrible giggles this morning. I'm busy multitasking between two of the big things on my to do list - an analysis of the uses of colour in the creative industries over the last 50 years and an introductory media pitch for a sexy new client in the online video arena (it's true - digital media gets all the fun stuff) - but every now and then I have to put the phone down and just have a good snicker to myself.

I can only assume it's the sunshine getting into my bones - and possibly also the fact that I'm only 24 hours away from having a shiny new house slave. Sorry, did I say slave? I meant equal and respected live-in partner. After all, as anyone who's met the Boy will have noticed, he's really very resistant to being walked over. (I think that's one of the reasons we get on so well.)

Pffft. Partner. I hate that word. How unromantic can you be? Although I suppose it could be worse - I'll never forget meeting the at-the-time-boyfriend of a schoolfriend's mum and being introduced with the unforgettable words "darling, this is my long-term boff".

Boff. Now there's a word we need to bring back into circulation.

No comments: