Friday 10 October 2008

Champagne Thursday...

Last night I did something I haven't done in a long time: I got blitzed on a schoolnight.

Yes, yes, I know. I'm 29 now, I'm old enough to know better. I really don't think you should judge me too harshly though - those six bottles of champagne were just me doing my bit to hold up the economy. Keeping the money circulating, y'know?

However, the evening has reminded me of the many, many reasons I no longer go drinking with work. I distinctly recall revealing my Secret Plan for World Domination at some length to my unfortunate client; I also have dim recollections of telling some stories from my misspent youth that perhaps, with hindsight, would have been better left unmentioned.

It all gets a bit hazy towards the end and I have very little idea how or when I got home - although I do remember finding myself in Highbury some time around midnight. (I don't live in Highbury so to be honest your guess is as good as mine..)

What I do recall is a very unimpressed boyfriend waiting for me when I eventually stumbled through the front door. Apparently I called him several times en route to insist that he order me a pizza (I didn't want to do it myself) and while I don't recall exactly how the conversation went, he isn't really speaking to me this morning.

Which is a shame.


Someone also seems to have gone into a bit of a frenzy with the garlic and herb dip in my living room.


Good times all round :)

1 comment:

pollyemj said...

hello there, Miss Emily Wearmouth is trying to convince me to be her partner in crime for starting champagne Thursdays in Sydney! But reading your post, I'm not sure I can possibly compare to the fun you two had! I also tagged you on my blog http://battleswithduality.blogspot.com/ in case you're bored!